Even stock firmware for that, most of them don’t want to try it because they fear the device might be bricked. So we are going to help you understand what TWRP recovery is and how to use it properly. If you have any questions regarding the procedure, ask us by commenting below. The method is way more functional and easy for anyone to restore HTC U11 to stock ROM. Here you need to browse for update.zip and perform ‘Swipe to Flash’ at the bottom of the screen.
- The app runs from and backs up your phone’s data to your desktop, and does it all without root.
- SP Flash Tool work perfectly with all MediaTek devices running Android OS.
- Your device might show a black screen during this process, so don’t worry and make yourself a coffee until the backup’s complete and your phone boots back.
- Also, if someone could explain in layman terms what each of these partitions mean and contain and when are they useful.
It will assist you in resolving the bootloop issue and unbricking your device. So, if you want to make full use of this tool, download the most recent version of the SP Flash tool from the link below and get started. Yes, there is an alternative MediaTek flash tool called SP MDT Tool. The first step of the process is to download the stock ROM (also known as a ‘flash file’) for your MediaTek device.
Some users’ device have some problems and need to have it fixed through flash. Therefore, to backup the stock ROM or system data would be urgent for them.
- Getting back to stock uses the same techniques used to install ROMs and mods in the first place.
- Now , there is no need for the device to be connected to the desktop via USB cable.
- I’ve been working in technology for over 20 years in a wide range of tech jobs from Tech Support to Software Testing.
- You get 5GB of free cloud storage, but upgrading to a premium plan gives you more space.
- I have personally tried this app to backup my device SMS and Calls logs.
Here is the complete tutorial on how you can flash recovery via fastboot on your Android device. And with this, we conclude the guide on how to create a TWRP Nandroid Backup directly on PC via ADB Commands. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest. However, after you take this backup, it is always recommended to transfer it to your PC.
Mainly by the use of adb shell while booted in TWRP to gain root access without being rooted + dd for the backup. And I’ve made some good progress so far, but now I’m stuck.